Friday, 30 December 2011

Vintage!

Well what a day yesterday turned out to be ,not only did i get to spend a gift voucher for one of my favourite wool shops in town but i also received a fab belated birthday present .My visit to the wool shop was the highlight of the morning ,just the hole experience was a delight.The colours, the textures even the smell but most of all it's the endless possibilities of things to create that really gets me buzzing .I always remember when i was studying textiles, a lecturer standing in front of our group holding and stroking a yarn sample card to which she descrided yarns as being "orgasmic", I remember laughing and thinking what an odd women, however i can totally relate to her and i am now that women .My fingers are tingling at the thought of starting these projects .

My second delight of the day was at my impromptu evening crochet session with the girls ( more wine, nibbles and giggles than crochet).One of my generous friends brought a belated birthday present and oh my god it was two vintage embroidered tablecloths.What a wonderful present , we all stood around ooooing and awwwing at them. I am going to take my time in deciding what they might be turned into but i think they may have to be introduced to some off my Liberty lawns. ( another weakness of mine !!)

Well I'm off now to get in some knitting time , as I seriously want to finish my scarf and I'm sure there will be a ta da moment very soon .

No comments:

Post a Comment