Monday, 31 December 2012

Home is where the heart is !!


Well we are on  the cusp of a New year,  we say good bye to the year just gone reflecting on the highs and lows we have experienced . The one thing that has remained a constant in my life is the life that unfolds daily in our little Victorian Terrace house in the Yorkshire Dales . We are all home birds and always will be , I like the home that I have helped to create especially when it just wrap it's arms around me with it's familiar cosiness whenever you step through the door.The last couple of days have been no exception on the creating a lovely home front . I am yearning  for springtime and an improvement in the light levels ( at the moment around here we have the house lights on all day , it's that dingy). So to give myself a hit of Springtime colour I decided to make a Rag garland to hang above my much loved cake stand table . So gathering some supplies I raided my scrap bag for fabric .

I bet their are a few of you with one of these , a big bag of scraps you cant bare to throw away !


I had a right good rummage and selected scraps that screamed springtime to me. I then collected some appropriately coloured buttons.


The only thing I had to really put any great effort into was knitting some co ordinating flowers .


So with a ball of string in hand I started knotting and stitching the scraps of fabric and pieces of ribbons  on to the string  , then I embellished the garland with buttons and Knitted flowers .


Hey presto !! one hit of springtime colour  and best of all it didn't cost me a penny !! In fact it makes my heart sing and  cheers me up no end when I walk in the kitchen and catch site of it .





The other good thing about this moment in time is we are now half way through winter , things are only going to get better . I have had my fill of deep colours ( which normally are my kind of thing !) and no longer want the heavy spicy scents of this season filling my nose. I am craving light , fresh colours and sweet delicate scents. To help with this transition period I have introduced some beautiful winter plants to give he a hit of things to come !

mini Roses , soooo sweet !


..............and delicate!

Wow what a  intense little hit of yellow form this Narcissus , which opened this afternoon .


I can't wait for the blue Hyacinths to bloom and hit me with their heady scent .


As I glance back over the last year I have realised I have been blogging for a full years now . I started a year ago on boxing day and what year !

I wait in eager anticipation for the year ahead but I will refrain from making New Year resolutions or predictions , what will be will be !!

In fact the only things I wish for  is that we remain in good health in both body and mind and that we can show kindness to others .

May I wish you and yours a Very Happy New Year  

I hope to see you more frequently in the year ahead as I have lots of new ideas I would like to share with you . I have thoroughly enjoyed bogging this last year and it's great when people pop by .


So ta ta for now . xx 

19 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and congratulations on your first year blogging - I can't believe it has only been a year. I look forward to sharing your new ideas and 2013 and hopefully will be back blogging and creating myself now that I have moved house. I hope that my house becomes a well loved home and will probably be blogging about that in 2013 x Ta ta for now <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,
      Happy New Year to you and yours , all the best for 2013. Goodness me it's been pretty full on for you over the last few weeks . But your in your new house and starting to make your mark . I'm sure such a creative person as yourself will make a much loved home !!
      With kind regards Tracy .x

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year and Happy Blogiversary!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire ,
      May I wish you all the best for 2013 .

      With kind regards Tracy.x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your one-year mark! Your scrappy garland is very cute. If you're already craving the springtime, I hope the rest of winter goes quickly for you :) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy ,
      I am Soooo craving spring time , so much so that in recent days my books on Gardening have come out for me to swoon over until I can start sewing seeds.

      All the best for 2013 .

      With kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  4. Congrats Tracy on your first year of blogging ... you've wowed us!!!
    What a cute garland : -) Wishing you a truly happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy ,
      Thanks for popping by over the past year , thank you for your kind compliments .I have had fun making the garland and not my usual sort of colours but I went with the flow!!
      All the best for 2013 .

      With kind regards Tracy.x

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year! Loving the garland, and your flowers are just lovely. I usually treat myself to spring bulbs when we take down our Christmas tree - stops me from missing it too much!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your garland - a great way of bringing in the New Year! I've really enjoyed following your blogging journey and hope you have a fabulous New Year :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new Year! I wish you health and no sorrow. And happy birthday for your blog! I'm blogging since oh a lot of years, since 2006. Hillsidegarden is my second blog.

    Sigrun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garland is very pretty - such lovely fresh colours. Congratulations on your blogging anniversary - Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year to you, I am new to your blog, finding you through Heather (LTB) and I love it. I look forward to reading more about you and your crafting pursuits though out the year. I was lucky enough to be in Yorkshire in September (I live in Australia) visiting my mums birthplace and some family in Draughton, so I know first hand what an amazingly beautiful part of the world you live in,, it is truly breathtaking, and I loved it, I felt like I was coming home. take care and stay warm - our forecast here for tomorrow is 39 degrees celcius, that's around 102F! xxBrenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your first inspiring blogging year, wonder if I will make it that far?! I like your good wishes too, good health all round and appreciate your nearest and dearest and what you have not what you don't! Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always amazing how time flies by so quickly! Ho'omaka'i on reaching your very first year of blogging. Oh how I'd love to peruse around your sweet home. I think it's lovely how it's such an extension of you. Hau oli makahiki hou too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year, congratulations on your first year of blogging

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your garland but what really strikes me is the narcissus - how exciting it is to see the bulbs come back in to flower. Spring really is just around the corner x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely garland, your home looks very welcoming.
    Happy New year and congratulations on your first year of blogging.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tracy! Just wanted to let you know that this post inspired me to make my own scrappy spring bunting and I put a link to your blog in my post :) Hope you've had a good week x

    ReplyDelete