Sunday, 31 March 2013

HAPPY EASTER !!


HAPPY EASTER

Can I first of all start by saying a big thank you to all the wonderful and encouraging comments that have been left since my last post . I have loved reading them and they have given Lucy and I a great deal to chat about , thank you !


Well , I hope your all enjoying your Easter Sunday ! My family and I have had a very chilled out day . The children have had a mini revolt and refused to get dressed , they have been so happy having a p.j day and munching chocolate treats !! I  myself have been in a very laid back mode and in a crochet happy place . I decided yesterday to give myself a break from 'Handmade Over Yonder' sewing and work on some personal projects which have been quite neglected of late . I have also realised that over the last week I am quite wiped out after the last few weeks and I am in need of a bit of winding down time . A bit of cooking and a bit of crochet was called for , I find theses two things very therapeutic .

Usually I would spend the build up to Easter baking but not this year as my poor oven has died and it's final ! I was warned the last time it was repaired that the next time it went I had to buy a new one . Oh flippin! heck , no money in the pot to replace my big oven , well not for a few months any way , I do feel odd not being able to bake . But I am soooo very grateful to have a slow cooker a Bread maker and an Halogen oven . So this year their is no Simnel cake or Easter buns  .  However I can still use the gas rings on top of the oven so I changed tack this year . I went for homemade Easter gifts for friends and family of  Lemon Curd , which I hope they think is  yummmmmyyy!!
It is a recipe I have used a few times now always with perfect results , the recipe is out of this Pickles and Preserves book I was bought at Christmas . A couple of hours in the kitchen making these gifts really was a bit of much needed therapy .

When I went to bed last night I had already decided today was going to be a crochet day and in particular a blanket day  ( I do have 3 on the go !!).
So I decided my eldest blanket was the project for today and it was time to tackle the boarder( for the 3rd time) . I've started and unpicked and started again with a different idea and unpicked again ,but last night whilst looking on pintrest for inspiration I put together some ideas . I love pootling on over to pintrest for visual inspiration !! 
Oh what a simple pleasure it has been today sat in my favourite chair in the bay bathed in sunlight ! Now I have finished the Granny squares and joined them ( I joined them as I went , 120 in total ) I am going for a simple and mainly white boarder with hits of colour . I am hoping this will reflect the main part of the blanket .  I am opting for rounds of single crochet and so far I like it !! I haven't had the urge yet to yank it all back as with previous attempts . But it is important to get the boarder right as it will either make or break the overall look of the blanket .

It has felt strange not working on the much  needed stock for 'Handmade Over Yonder' , my shop has been empty for quite some time now . Mainly due to the studio and my other job as well as being a mum and wife . However in this last week I have had chance to be on the sewing machine in the studio which has felt good. 
I am presently working on stock for the studio as we are planning an open studio date in the not too distant future , which is an exciting prospect indeed !! ( date to be decided)

I am also picking up quite inexpensive pieces to furnish the studio with , I found a very cheap and quite old cooling rack and turned it into something very use full.........
.......a tool hanger , it works so well with some little 's'  hooks'  . I also found this little sweet 'wot-not' in a new antiques\ collect ables shop that has recently opened in town . I was a little unsure where to hang it so it lived here for a while .

I am really enjoying the fantastic light our new studio has as well.


But best of all I am enjoying growing into my space !!

But tonight I am really enjoying being sat on my bottom blogging !!

So I hope you enjoy your Easter break , however you decided to spend it  and if like me you need a bit of a rest I hope you get that too !!

Thanks for popping by and ta ta for now .x

29 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you too and I'm really enjoying your little studio springing into life. Sorry to hear about the oven but that lemon curd looks absolutely delish, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good evening,
      I'm so pleased to share my studio journey with you ! It is a very exciting time and still a bit dream like.
      The Lemon curd is rather yummy , I've been having a dollop of it with Greek yoghurt in a morning for breakfast , very refreshing .
      Thanks for popping by with kind regards Tracy x

      Delete
  2. Why dont you have a paypal donation linked to your blog, all us followers could pitch in a pound or two each and you would soon have a new oven x I believe in what goes around comes around or Karma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to have a 'me' day now and again! I love home made lemon curd, my friend gave me a jar for Easter and I keep having a spoonful out of the jar, so pleased the kids don't like it. I have a fortnight off work and am on a mission to tidy my craft space. Wishing you and Lucy many happy hours in yours. Rowen@Coastal Colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter too hun, I spent the day doing a bit of baking, gardening and finishing some abandoned projects. Your studio looks great and hopefully I will be able to pop along on your open day x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michaela,
    Your comment has just really made me giggle , A good old whip round for poor me for a new cooker !! lol .I know where you coming from but a donate button just isn't me . I'm sure I will have a new cooker in a few months , it will certainly help the waist line with baking being a bit thin on the ground . I'm just sorry I won't be doing to many baking posts any time soon !! But I won't be beaten for instance this Friday I'm off to stay at my mums so I can use her oven to make the fruit cakes for my sisters wedding cakes. There's always a way and as it turns out this will be much more special experience than stood on my own in my kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your studio is lovely. I love how you've stored things. Thank goodness for back up when you don't have an oven.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, no oven sounds a real pain. Your studio looks great, and it's so nice of you to show how it's all evolving. What excitement you must feel to have this space! Enjoy the remainder of your relaxing holiday :) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Tracy

    Your studio looks better and better. I love the appliqué chickens. Today I read the "about me" you living in the Yorkshire Dales. My husband and I spent the most lovely days there last summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracey, I'm glad you and yours had a good day today...even with the lack of a working oven...sigh. But your lemon curd looks yummy indeed and is one of my favorite treats. My little grand girls brought in a bouquet of daffodils for me this morning so my room smells heavenly and it has been so warm today we have had the windows open...very unusual for this time of year in Portland, Oregon, in the six years I have lived here at least. I posted some photos of snow wrapped Mt. Hood and some of the flowering trees around us down here in the valley. I have been working on making an Alicia Paulson, Miss Maggie Rabbit of late, which is great fun, but I admire your bunnies you are creating! Happy Easter! Blessings,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gracie,
      Oh your day sounds delightful , I too have daffodils filling my kitchen dinner will their scent . But oh how blissful to have sunshine and warmth and be able to open your windows and enjoy the climate . We unfortunately have had until last week deep snow and one of the coldest March's in 50 years .But on the up side it can only get warmer !!
      I will have to look up Alicia Paulson ,I've not heard of this designer.
      Thank you for popping by and enjoy the rest of your week .
      With kind regards Tracy.

      Delete
  10. Oh I just love your blog,I get so many ideas from it :)

    One day I will buy one of you rabbits, if you ship to Denmark ....

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hanne
      I'm so glad I'm able to inspire you .
      I'm sure one of my Hares would love to come and live in Denmark!
      Thank you for popping by
      With kind regards Tracy. x

      Delete
  11. Happy Easter. Being fairly new to your blog it's been fun seeing the development of your studio. It looks like the perfect little craft zone. Your blanket looks fab and I can't wait to see the end result. I can't believe you've got three on the go. I don't know how I would cope without my cooker, but then every cloud has a silver lining and your friends are going to be truly spoilt with this very delicious looking lemon curd, something I am yet to make. Enjoy you R&R. Hannapat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hannapat
      I'm a little excited about the blanket boarder , I've been working on it this evening at my Monday evening crochet group . I think my happiness is a mixture of finally finding a boarder that looks right for the blanket and that there is the end in sight for this project .
      The lemon curd does seem to have gone down rather well with the recipients.
      Thank you for popping by with kind regards Tracy.x

      Delete
  12. You certainly are growing into the studio, it looks great and your bunnies are multiplying. Sad about the demise of the cooker, you don't know how much you miss it until its gone. Have a great creative week. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chel
      Thank you for popping by with you encouraging words .
      I am a little frustrated about the cooker but that's life isn't it !!
      You have a creative week too I start back sewing my Handmade Over Yonder stock tomorrow whilst caring for an under the weather 6 year old .At least my work is portable and small so I can sit and sew whilst caring !
      Enjoy the rest of your week with kind regards Tracy .x

      Delete
  13. If your oven hadn't broken we wouldn't have had those delicious pictures of home made lemon curd - making me drool just looking at them. I've just finished a mouse and a rabbit from Helen Phillips new book and noticed yours are very similar - is it the same pattern? Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Jane
      The Lemon curd is rather yummy , I just can't resist it !!
      OOoo will have to check out Helen Phillips new book , but in answer to your question they are my own pattern and I have been making then for a few years now ,the Hares I started making about 3 years ago for nieces and friends daughters long before I started blogging and selling .But their seems to be a lot of similar thing about at the moment .I do pride my self on making my own patterns for my makes .But good for you embracing the joy of making I bet they were a pleasure to make , I know I enjoy making mine !!
      With kind regards Tracy.

      Delete
  14. The bunnies and mice are wonderful. Can't wait for the shop to be stocked. Lemon curd was a great idea...and sooo yummy! Lucy and yourself are certainly creating a Happy Place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda
      Thanks for popping by, I too hope to have plenty of stock soon !!
      The studio is a work in progress but we are both enjoying the process of making a creative space for us to explore our work .
      with kind regards Tracy.x

      Delete
  15. oh your crochet is so pretty - I have just finished a crochet blanket, it is so fulfilling isn't it, watching it form as you work until you have the finished thing.

    I love your cooling rack scissor hanger - that is such a fab idea. Your studio looks just beautiful!

    I love making lemon curd too - in fact was thinking of making some today because the chickens are in laying overdrive and I have a mountain of eggs to use (they are laying between 10 and 14 a day and that amounts to a LOT of eggs!!!). Hope you survive without your cooker.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Niki ,
    oh how fabulous to be able to use your own eggs , I do dream of one day having a small holding and having chickens !! But until then I buy mine ( jumbo jumbo size )off the egg lady on Skipton market. It does amuse me every time I ask for jumbo jumbo eggs .
    I popped by Swallow Barn and saw your beautiful blanket , your colour choice really appealed to me .
    Enjoy the rest of your week Tracy .x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi There, "Watch this Space" I think that mantle piece is going to be the display shelve for all the great things still to come out of that little studio!!! Love the bunnies!!! Hope you had a nice little break!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am realy enjoying your blog and sharing your studio adventure. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like your very busy and excited. Your studio is so cool, Hope you and your family had a great Easter Love reading and looking at your projects A big thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Tracy,

    Your new studio is so exciting, I love to see how it is coming along. I have just discovered your blog through Lucy's Attic24.

    I can't imagine being without an oven! You must be counting down the days until you can get your new one. Have you tried making Panettone or Brioche in your breadmaker, or cakes in your halogen oven?

    Have a wonderful time baking at your mum's.

    Love

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your whimsical creatures, well done!
    www.fibersneedlesandthreads.blogspot.com

    is the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your bunnies! Your new studio looks just such a hippety happy hoppy place. I've been following your blog a long time now and just wanted to say hi and thank you for all you share.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete