Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Finally the Cinnamon Crumble Loaf Recipe

Well finally after many requests I am finally posting the recipe for a favourite family bake of mine , Cinnamon Crumble  Loaf . It is a recipe I regularly make and have previously posted about . The recipe comes out of a book I was given one Christmas  quite a few years ago . It just sat on my baking book shelf , I had sort of cast it aside as the recipes in the book are in cup measurements . I was unwilling to try some new measuring system out so I just ignored the book  . However some time ago , looking for inspiration I took  the book from the shelf and had a proper look at it and I was amazed by some fantastic cake recipes and   I was desperate to try them out . I also had a cup measure which helped and I found a conversion chart in the back of the book which converts the  American terms to English and European terms  . I now understand my book !!


At the start of the book I spotted this recipe , I thought my youngest would like it as he likes plain cakes and not a lover of cream . Well it was a hit and such an easy recipe . It is a great family favourite now and ideal as an Autumn and Winter bake . So  why not give it a try !




So here's the recipe :
1 1/2 cups of All purpose Flour ( in England this is Plain Flour )
1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
2 Teaspoons ground Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon  baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup (1/2 stick ) butter , melted
1 Large egg , lightly beaten
CRUMBLE TOPPING
3 Tablespoons cold butter , cut up
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon

Instructions :
:Preheat oven to 350 degrees c  ( I usually use  gas mark 200 or Fan assisted 180)
:Butter and flour ( I actually line with parchment ) a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf tin .
:Sift the Flour , sugar , cinnamon, baking powder and salt into a large bowl .
:With an electric mixer on low ( I do it the old fashioned way with a big wooden spoon , you can't beat a bit of elbow grease! ) Beat in the milk , butter and egg .  ( if the mixture seems quite stiff add a drop of milk to loosen up a bit , but the batter is a bit of a doughy consistency
:Spoon the batter into the prepared Loaf tin .
:Bake for 35-45 minutes , or until a skewer inserted into loaf comes out clean .
:CRUMBLE TOPPING :Dot the butter over the cake , then sprinkle with the sugar and then the cinnamon .( I don't use all the quantities recommended in recipe for the crumble topping , I put smaller amounts on in the order recommended and repeat the process until I get the desired amount . You will have to experiment to get the topping to meet your personal taste ).
Cool the loaf completely in the tin before removing .
...................................................................................................................................................................
THEN ENJOY , YUM YUM . X
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BAKING 

Thanks for popping by and Ta Ta for now , XX

12 comments:

  1. UUUUUUummmmmmmm looks yummy and I will certainly be trying that at the weekend. I regularly do the pittas and hummus from your recent recipe. Thank you Tracy and hope you are feeling better today xx love Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the recipe, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy
    Oooh that looks absolutely scrummy, I'm definitely going to give it a try this weekend. ♥
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm that does look good in your lovely photos. Thanks for sharing :)
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roll on the weekend and I can give this a go. It looks scrummy. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Tracy, my grandsons will love this - looks yumm!
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son isn't a lover of cream either, so this would be a great cake for him. I also just happen to have some cup measures that I've never used yet so it might be the time to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like hearty comfort. Great job on this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'll have to give this a try! I'm the same as you about trying anything that's not in my usual measurements!! But I'm in Canada with cup measures, and give anything a miss that's in weights!! This cake sounds perfect for our gloomy weather today. Thanks for sharing. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I was delighted to see the measurements I'm used to although I would have converted it as it looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the recipe's, it's so lovely to see the other half of the studio it looks soooo inviting. I'm sure you both enjoy a lovely creative time. Absolutely love your hares they're amazing. I'm quite envious of your perfect place to create and having the pleasure of a great cafe downstairs. :)

    Enjoy your weekend

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the recipes and creative inspiration. I do love your pictures. What kind of camera do you have? Mine has just died! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete