Saturday, 15 March 2014

LOVE


Well it's been nearly a month and since I last popped by and what a roller coaster of a month . As some of you who pop by my Handmade Over Yonder page on facebook  will know my life was plunged into turmoil when my mum had a serious accident nearly a month ago .

It was the middle of the school holidays when I received a telephone call at 8.20 am from  my frantic sister in a taxi trying to get back home to my very injured mum and my sisters two youngest children ( aged 5 and 10 ) . All we knew was my mum had taken a tumble and was not in a good way ( I will leave out the gruesome details )and the ambulance was on it's way . All I can say is that it has at times  been traumatic , emotional and exhausting . Our lives have been chaotic for the last few weeks while we coped with and juggled everything . The medical teams have been truly impressed by my mums courage and determination to get through this ordeal . She suffered a major head trauma , 3 spinal fractures and broke both wrists and looked like she had been hit by a bus not fallen off four steps .

She in now on the road to recovery , it will be a long journey possibly 3 months but she is extremely motivated and very positive and is receiving excellent care . She is now back at the Hospital in Bradford after a stint in Leeds and is now on a ward right next door to the one where my little sister is a Sister on  . I have spent a lot of time travelling and juggling my home life with visiting and doing jobs for my mum and taking care of my boys but family always comes first and we must care for those who are vulnerable and  need our help . So I have had to switch myself off to the less important aspects of my life and put various things on hold .

So my little business has had to be neglected for a few weeks but this last week I felt it was time to get back  in The Studio and get down to some work . Even my mum commented on Thursday after I'd had  3 days in The Studio that I didn't look as stressed as I  had .That is the affect of a bit of sewing and creating has on me  .




For three days I had been surrounded by sunlight , colour and texture . My hands were busy creating and my mind buzzing with lots of ideas .

But something special has happened in The Studio ...............LOVE !








                                                            MR & MRS MILL MOUSE



It has been a joy to work on this lovely couple this week . I particularly love her skirt made from a piece of old textiles I  bought from a local Antique shop and I adore the little flowers I made from cotton tape that has a tape measure printed on it  . I am now eager to work on the rest of my Mill mice that are laid out on my work table waiting to come to life  . The happy couple will be heading to my Etsy shop ( link button @ the top right hand side of this page ) as soon as my packaging arrives and I have given the presentation box a little design tweak .
My life has demands on it at present that are important and cannot be ignored and my loved ones will always be my priority and any thing else I manage to achieve is a bonus . If you have contacted me recently please bare with me I will reply to you and I will announce on my Facebook page ( Handmade over Yonder ) when my Yorkshire Mill Mice  are available and heading to my etsy shop . I will try and pop by here as often as I can too .
Take care of yourselves and those around you and enjoy the rest of your weekend , thanks for popping by and ta ta for now .
                                    TRACY xx


24 comments:

  1. Wowee Tracy they are absolutely beautiful and adorable. You are so talented and should be very proud of yourself. I'm sure they will sell like hot cakes! I am so sorry to hear about your mum and her terrible accident. It sounds like she is making a good recovery and hope she continues to do well. You are so right to put family commitment first. I have very recently and sadly lost my lovely mum. I had been thinking of buying her one of your beautiful mill mice for her next birthday as I knew she would adore them too. Family are so precious. I wish you and your family well and your mum a speedy recovery. Glad you are able to get some creative studio time for yourself too. Take care and thanks for sharing your blog.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your Mum is on the mend. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh what a lot to take on board. It is good to immerse yourself in beautiful mice I think.. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope your mum is better soon Tracy, and I LOVE those mice - you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you all lots of love and best wishes for your Mum's speedy recovery. It is important to remember to take care of yourself too, and having been fortunate enough to visit your Studio last year during Yarndale, I know that it's a special place where you can leave troubles at the door for a little while xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr and Mrs Mill Mouse are beautiful Tracy - cutest of the cute!
    Your poor Mum, going through such traumatic experiences - I do hope the rest of her recovery is fast and complete! All the very best to you and all the family - happenings such as this certainly do 'throw the cat among the pigeons', as they say! I hope that normal life can resume as soon as possible for you all! Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry your mum had a brutal fall. My gosh. How terrifying for all of you. Sending a huge hug to you.
    Your crafting gave me smiles. It is extraordinary how these finely clothed creatures come from your head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracy, thanks for your lovely post in the midst of your challenging time! I am so glad you are able to serve your family as you are. I too hope your mom has a speedy recovery. Mr. and Mrs. Mill Mouse are precious, especially so because you enjoyed creating them. Blessings on you and yours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear that you mum has had such a bad accident. I do hope she heals swiftly, it sounds really nasty. The mice are fantastic. I'm glad you managed to unwind with a little making. Look after yourself, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your Mum is getting better. The mice are adorable!
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very sorry to hear about the accident. I do hope things get back to normal very soon for you all. On a happier note, your mice are wonderful - you are one talented lady. Sending many hugs.
    Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad your mum is on the mend - she is so lucky to have caring family around her and that makes such a huge difference with recovery. Mr and Mrs Mill Mouse - what can I say - they are beautiful! I'm sure they will be the start of many happy couples! Big hugs to you and your mum x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad Mum is on the mend and feeling positive and I wish her a speedy recovery - and am glad you are all coming out the other side. Absolutely love Mr and Mrs Mill Mouse you are very clever indeed ... chin up and keep smiling lovely lady .... sending you love and hugs Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear about your mum but glad for you and your family that she is on the mend. Your studio time looks like it produced some rather gorgeous mice; they are absolutely adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad your Mum is on the road to recovery, what a terrible thing to have happened, it must have been a huge worry for you all, she has a positive attitude which will see her through..

    The Mill Mice are adorable. Pat. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear about your mum and good news that she is now recovering well. Take care.
    Your mice are absolutely stunning.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's good to know that your creativity/sewing time in the Studio has helped you during this difficult period. Wishing your mum a speedy and full recovery. Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodmorning Tracy!
    I am so relieved to hear that your mum is doing better !!! ( My grandmother had a fall like that once in the middle of the night. Also gruesome details will be left out )
    I am happy to read that sewing helps relax you. Same for me!
    I adore your mill mice. They are absolutely fabulous!!! I am in AWE!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Tracy, so sorry to hear about your Mum's dreadful accident but pleased to hear she is now on the mend. Having spent 7 years living in Bradford I am well aware of the bad press the area gets. However I have to say that myself, DH and #2 Son had all had stints in Bradford and Leeds hospitals and we can't praise them enough for their excellent standards of care. In fact we had no qualms leaving #2 Son living in assisted accommodation in Bradford when we moved to Cheshire as we know he is well supported both medically and socially.
    Loving the mice, x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. I know how you all must be feeling after having a similar experience with my Dad ... I hope that she continues to get well, it sounds like she has a lot of love and care all around her. I just wanted to say that I LOVE your work and find everything that you do so very special .. just simpley lovely. Thanks for taking the time to share it all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad to hear your mum is making a good recovery.
    .
    Your Mill Mice are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hola, me encantan tus trabajos. No se donde tengo que entrar para adquirir uno de tus conejitos o patrones. Me parecen encantadores. Yo estoy empezando ha hacer algunas cositas con el poco tiempo que tengo libre. Pásate y veras mi pagina, espero que te guste. http://demiparatihandmade.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very sorry to hear about your mum and pleased she is improving.
    I had to write to say I adore these lil characters. First time visiting your blog and I'm bookmarking your page. Love Mr and Mrs Mill Mouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Am happy to visit your blog as we have the same love of Fabric, knit, and mouse!!!
    I sas so surprise by your work because It is near mine, but I knit my doll and You sew yours.
    What a Great needle work.
    Miss www.mywoolvalley.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete