Monday, 23 March 2015

Gently

 
Well how are we all , grand I hope !
I'm taking things slowly and gently at the moment , in fact the month of March is turning out to be a month of resting up and adopting a gentle pace of life .
On Wednesday I went into hospital as a day patient for my little op and everything went well , and once I had recovered from the anesthetic I was allowed home with a box of painkillers . I was told to take it easy for the next couple of days and I fully embraced the enforced rest .
So a bit of therapeutic crochet and a bar ( or two ) of chocolate seemed the way to go on my return home .
 
So the day after my little op I got comfy in my favourite chair with my feet up I sat gently working ,  bathed in the afternoon sunshine , bliss !
 
But that evening I started feeling rather unwell and by the early hours of Friday morning I had a full blown ear infection and burst ear drum , so back to doctors for antibiotics ( the second time this month ) . So all I've done is rest and sleep and pop pills for the last few days . Yesterday I woke with a swollen bottom lip with a cluster of 5 cold sores on it, so I seem to have some nasty virus whizzing around my system at the moment  .
 My husband kindly noted if I was a horse they would shoot me and put me out of my misery ., thanks Mr P !!
 
Today I've snuggled up in my chair with a hot water bottle under a blanket and sat gently knitting and working on my next batch of Mill Mice .
 I've been surrounded by yarn , texture and colour , particularly the vibrant colour of my get well soon  flowers  sent to me by two lovely friends . The colour of the tulips and daffodils are so vibrant in the afternoon sunshine which has really made me happy , a burst of colour has such therapeutic properties .
 
So I am taking this week slowly and at a gentle pace .
I hope you all stay well this week and if you are under the weather rest up and take good care of your selves and maybe get a bit of colour in your days .
 
So ta ta for now and thanks for popping by .
Tracy xx
 
 

23 comments:

  1. You have been in the wars! Glad your op went well, though and that despite the virus afterwards you're making good progress both with your health and your mice. I do like the picture of them all sunbathing on the back of your sofa - you're obviously setting them a good example! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you, all those pills, you will soon rattle. Keep up the good work resting, hooky is quite therapeutic, and chocolate is a must when you are a bit poorly. I slather cold sore in lip salve, it stops them drying out and splitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are poorly, but thankfully, you can still stitch/knit. Stay ahead of any other viruses and heal fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! You have really been battling this month. I hope the ugly virus gets taken care of and you soon feel great again. In the meantime, enjoy the enforced rest and get better.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take care and hope you are feeling better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're so under the weather, I do hope you're all better soon. I'm laughing about your husband's comment, very helpful! I love the basket of mice-in-progress. Take it easy though, have plenty of rest and fluids and a little sunshine if you can find some. Sending you my very best wishes. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you soon feel a lot better, take care and enjoy your enforced creative time!! Sharon x

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear you are poorly :( hope you feel better soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those nasty viruses wait until your immune system is flagging under the pressure of other things and then swoop in. They were probably waiting outside the hospital for someone who had just had an op and was needing recovery time - they are nasty little things those viruses, I hope they all die soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh pooh on that damn bug. I'm sorry it's giving you trouble right now. I am glad though, that you are still able to craft. Hope you're getting some TLC from the ohana.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tracy, so sorry to hear you have been so unwell. Really hope you feeling better soon and keep taking it easy n make to most of resting up. There really is nothing quite like it. Im just recovering from a virus n enjoyed some sofa surfing today with some hooky in hand! Great therapy! Take care and send get well wishes. What beautiful flowers. Lov Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel better soon
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you are a bit run down. Hopefully plenty of rest will help. I'm sure all those beautiful colours will lift your spirits while you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Take care and get well soon.
    Hugs
    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon Tracy.....Mr P needs to make up for his comment with some serious chocolate/champagne/flowers.....(circle the option that appeals the most!). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look after yourself! I hope that you are feeling much better very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Husbands always know just the right thing to say to cheer a girl up, don't they?

    Hope you get to feeling better soon and in the meantime take care of yourself and rest a lot. More CHOCOLATE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear, sounds like you have been having a horrible time of it, hope you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get better soon so we can see more mice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure by now you are feeling better and fighting fit. Love those beautiful mice. Take care xx lots of love Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Tracy. Just wondering if you have decided to stop blogging. I would hate to think that you have as I love to hear all about what's new with you. I follow you on Facebook but it's not the same. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful creations and I do so hope you are feeling better soon, J9 x

    ReplyDelete